Phoenix Swimming Pool Accident Attorney
Experienced & Compassionate Legal Counsel. Call (602) 483-6114.
There is nothing more tragic than the accidental death of a child. A swimming pool accident happens in an instant—a babysitter is distracted, a grandmother answers the phone, a toddler crawls under the fence, a neighbor’s gate is left unlatched—and the surviving family struggles to deal with the consequences.
A drowning victim who does not die as a result of the pool accident is likely to suffer long-term disabilities ranging from memory problems and learning disabilities to those resulting in a permanent vegetative state.
Call our swimming pool accident lawyers in Phoenix at (602) 483-6114 for a free, confidential consultation. Se habla español.
Alex & Associates is here to help. When we take on swimming pool accident claims, we take care to provide individualized attention and dedicated representation to help you seek justice. Our swimming pool accident attorneys in Phoenix understand that you are going through an extremely difficult time. We want to alleviate the stress you are experiencing by providing skilled legal counsel.
Swimming Pool Accident Statistics
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- More than one in five fatal drowning victims are children aged 14 years and younger. For every child who dies from drowning, another four receive emergency department care for nonfatal submersion injuries.
- In 2007, of all children between the ages of 1 and 4 who died from an unintentional injury, almost 30% died from drowning. Although drowning rates have slowly declined, it remains the second-leading cause of accidental death for children aged 1-14 years.
According to fatality statistics from the Arizona Department of Health Services from 1999-2009:
- There were 106 drownings in 2009, an increase of 17% from 90 drownings in 1999.
- The greatest number of drownings occurred in the 0-4 age bracket (23), followed closely by the 65+ age bracket (19).
- 69 drownings occurred in Maricopa Country, followed by 21 in Pima, and 8 in Pinal Country, with a smattering in other counties.
Swimming Pool Accident Liability
Every year, there are serious home swimming pool accidents, including drowning and diving injuries. These claims are generally paid by homeowners insurance. Hotel, motel, and resort accidents are covered by business liability insurance.
Even if there was a sign posted that no lifeguard was in attendance, the management is responsible for maintaining a safe environment, including preventing rough behavior. Instructors and aqua-therapists conducting occupational therapy and swimming therapy for the mentally challenged are also responsible for monitoring their patients or students every second. Other serious or fatal drownings occur as a result of water sports, diving and boating accidents.
Common Swimming Pool Dangers
When swimming pools are not properly maintained, or safety precautions are not followed, accidents can occur. Some of the most common swimming pool dangers include:
- Electrical shock from pool lights or filters
- Slip and falls from slick walkways or ladders
- Chemical burns or illnesses caused by improper chemical balances
- Drownings caused by pool filters holding children down underwater
- Dangerous or unapproved pool toys leading to drownings
- Slides or diving boards that are not up to standards or don't include adequate safety warnings
We Are Ready to Help You. Call (602) 483-6114!
Has your child been injured in a swimming pool accident in a hotel, city pool, or even at a friend's house? Whether your child is suffering with long-term injuries or they have passed away, Alex & Associates can help you obtain justice and compensation to offset the financial costs that have accompanied this tragedy.
If you are interested in learning more about your rights and options for filing a swimming pool injury or drowning accident lawsuit, call our Phoenix swimming pool accident lawyers at (602) 483-6114. You can also fill out our online contact form.
Construction Accidents $6,300,000
Construction Accidents $2,500,000
Government Negligence $2,000,000
Wrongful Death $2,000,000
Motor Vehicle Accidents $1,300,000
Motor Vehicle Accidents $1,240,000
Motor Vehicle Accidents $1,200,000
Medical Malpractice $1,020,000
Motor Vehicle Accidents $900,000
Trucking Accidents $900,000
I really appreciate Tristan and Lori went battle for me to win my case- Charles A.
Thank you Laura & Trista for your hard work- April A.
I would highly recommend this firm, there isn’t anyone better out there!- Amber B.
They got me a good settlement for my personal injury claim.- JK R.
Highly recommend.- Natalie M.
Advanced Cutting-Edge Technology to Win Cases
The Clients We Serve Are Our #1 Priority
We Provide Initial Case Evaluations Free of Charge
Our Firm is Backed by a 99% Success Rate
We Handle Cases With a No-Fee Promise
Representation in Both English and Spanish