YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY OWES YOU A DUTY OF GOOD FAITH AND FAIR DEALINGS.
Your insurance policy is a contract between you and your insurance company. Arizona law imposes a duty of good faith and fair dealing on the insurance company.
When your insurance company breaches its good faith duty to you, you may have a claim for damages against the insurance company.
COMMON BAD FAITH PRACTICES
Insurance companies can be overbearing and overzealous in putting their interests before yours. The most common areas of bad faith:
- Not properly adjusting the damage to your vehicle
- Denying your claim without a reasonable basis
- Using delay tactics to defeat your claim
- Not properly adjusting your UM and IM claim
- Denying medical payment benefits
- Failing to investigate your claim in a timely manner
- Denying you coverage on a technicality
- Paying less than you are entitled
- Not following the Arizona Department of Insurance regulations
CONSULT WITH AN EXPERIENCED ATTORNEY
Alex & Associates will review your policy of insurance and discuss the details of your claim. Upon filing a lawsuit, we examine the insurance company’s claims file, take key depositions and perform detailed discovery to determine the insurance company methods for harming your rights.
We will help you understand your rights and protect your interests. Contact us for your free consultation today.